They're Quick! They're Money Savers!
Costly hand cutting is eliminated (one hand cut shim can cost four times more than a Pre-Cut shim.)
You save inventory space by eliminating the need to carry a large selection of foil stock. Pre-Cuts or Alignment Shims can be reused because they're made of durable corrosion-resistant 304 stainless steel.
Unused Pre-Cuts are simply replaced in the case -- ready for the next job.
The wide range of available shim thicknesses eliminates the need to stack shims, thereby providing a more stable alignment.
You also get a better alignment because with Pre-Cuts there are no burrs or square corners. Safer, too -- they virtually eliminate hand injuries due to burrs of "snip cuts."
No more searching or guessing -- the right size is permanently marked on each shim. All nominal sizes are accurately marked within a tolerance of ±.001.
Benefits of IGS Pre-Cut Shims
- You save time and money by eliminating costly and time consuming handcutting & deburring.
- You save time by having the right size shims on hand at the right time.
- Kits are clearly marked and organized according to thickness, making selection as fast as possible.
- The wide range of shim thicknesses eliminates the need to stack multiple shims, thereby providing a more stable alignment.
- You achieve a precise alignment because there are no burrs.
- Hand injuries due to burrs and "snip cuts" are eliminated.
- The correct size is permanently marked, as well as accurately marked* within a tolerance of ± .001" on the each shim, eliminating the need to check with a micrometer and eliminating searching and guessing.
- One hand cut shim can cost four times more than any pre-cut shim.
- You save inventory space by eliminating the need to carry a large selection of roll stock.
- IGS pre-cut shims are reusable because they are made from durable corrosion resistant 304 stainless steel.
- IGS pre-cut shims are high quality (MIL-1-45208A) and proudly made in the USA.
IGS, Inc., 200 Country Club Road, Meadow Lands, PA 15347-0368. Tel: 724-222-5800; Fax: 724-222-5898.