Mucon Iris Diaphragm Valve (IDV) utilizes a concentrically closing fabric or rubber diaphragm to accurately control the flow of powders and granular material. Ideal for “trickle-feed” applications and shutting off against a flow of material.
- No jamming (no mechanical components in contact with product)
- Full bore opening (no restriction to product flow).
- Trickle feed capability
- Hand, pneumatic or motorized options
- Slim design – low install height
- No mechanical wear by abrasive products
- Dust tight – no leakage to atmosphere
- Ability to seal around irregular objects
- Suitable for delicate products
- Hygienic designs available
- Easy to maintain and operate