LyondellBasell today announced that Jiangsu Hongjing New Material Co. Ltd. will use its Lupotech T high-pressure polyethylene technology at a new facility.
The process technology will be used for two 200 kiloton per year (KTA) vinyl acetate copolymer (EVA) lines. The facility will be located in the Lianyungang, Jiangsu Province, P.R. of China.
“Demand for both EVA and low density polyethylene (LDPE) remains strong in the current dynamic market. In particular, higher value applications such as for solar panel lamination and encapsulant are in strong demand, driven mainly by the on-going energy transition,” said Neil Nadalin, Director Global Licensing and Services at LyondellBasell. Nadalin added, “The Lupotech T process, offering both lowest operating and balanced investment cost, is the technology of choice for our customers to produce both EVA and LDPE grades”.
Mr. Bai Wei, Chairman of Jiangsu Hongjing New Material Co., Ltd stated, “We gained within the Jiangsu Shenghong group companies a very pleasant experience with the LyondellBasell polyolefin technology offer in the field of high pressure technology. This is already the 4th and 5th polyolefin line based on LyondellBasell proprietary technology allowing us to produce superior polyolefin grades in high demand. Therefore, selecting LyondellBasell technology was a natural choice for expanding our production capacity with this additional project.”
Decades of experience in high-pressure application design makes the Lupotech T process the preferred technology for LDPE/EVA plant operators. High conversion rates, demonstrated high plant availability, and effective process heat integration are key attributes of the Lupotech T process, designed to ensure this technology’s on-going energy efficiency.
More than 13 million KTA of the Lupotech T process for LDPE/EVA production capacity has been licensed by LyondellBasell in over 70 lines around the world.
New licensees can take advantage of LyondellBasell’s in-house expertise of continuous production improvement, product development according to the latest environmental regulations and our knowhow in high pressure design, by optionally joining our Technical Service program.
In addition to the Lupotech T process technology, the LyondellBasell portfolio of licensed polyolefin processes and catalysts includes:
- Hostalen – Leading low-pressure slurry process for the production of high-performance multimodal high-density polyethylene (HDPE).
- Spherilene – Flexible gas phase process technology for the production of linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE), medium-density polyethylene (MDPE) and HDPE.
- Spherizone – The breakthrough multi-zone circulating reactor provides a unique and innovative platform to manufacture polypropylene products with novel architecture and enhanced properties.
- Spheripol – The leading polypropylene (PP) process technology with more than 30 million tons of licensed capacity. With globally recognized quality grades featuring leading monomer yield and investment costs to make it the technology of choice.
- Metocene PP – Innovative add-on technology for the production of specialty polypropylene products using single-site catalyst systems.
- Avant – Advanced Ziegler-Natta, including non-phthalate, chromium and metallocene catalysts for entire range of polyolefin production.