LyondellBasell, the world’s largest licensor of polyolefin technologies, recently announced that Lianyungang Petrochemical Co., Ltd (a company of Zhejiang Satellite) has selected Hostalen “Advanced Cascade Process” (Hostalen ACP) technology from LyondellBasell for a 400KT per year high density polyethylene (HDPE) plant to be built at Lianyungang, Jiangsu Province, China.
We are grateful to Zhejiang Satellite for selecting our technology. With this contract, LyondellBasell has licensed more than 1 million tons of Hostalen ACP capacity this year,” said Jim Seward, vice president technology business and sustainability at LyondellBasell. “This clearly demonstrates this is the process technology of choice for the production of high-performance multimodal HDPE products.”
Mr. Lu Wei Wei, vice president of Zhejiang Satellite stated: “The market demands high-performance HDPE and LyondellBasell’s multi-modal technology effectively meets these needs. Selecting LyondellBasell’s low-pressure slurry process in our petrochemical complex will enable us to produce high-quality products reliably and economically.”
This project represents the 10th Hostalen ACP line licensed in China. With this license, the total design and operating capacity of Hostalen ACP lines in China will exceed 3.4 million tons per year.
Hostalen ACP process technology manufactures high-performance, multi-modal HDPE resins with an industry-leading stiffness/toughness balance, impact resistance, high stress cracking resistance and processing advantages used in film, blow moulding and pipe applications.
In addition to the Hostalen ACP process, LyondellBasell’s portfolio of licensed polyolefin processes and associated technical services includes:
- Spheripol – The leading PP process technology with more than 25 million tons of licensed capacity. with globally recognized quality grades with leading monomer consumption and investment costs to make it the technology of choice
- Spherizone – The breakthrough multi-zone circulating reactor provides a unique and innovative platform to manufacture polypropylene products with novel architecture and enhanced properties
- Lupotech – The market leader on high pressure technology offers, with its high conversion rates and effective heat recovery system, the lowest operating and investment costs for the production of low density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymers
- Metocene PP – Innovative add-on technology for the production of specialty polypropylene products using single-site catalyst systems
- Spherilene – Flexible gas phase process technology for the production of LLDPE, MDPE and HDPE