ABB launches a breakthrough pressure transmitter platform as an addition to the 2600T family. The new 266 series combines modern electronic pressure measurement with ABB’s unique HMI in one common product series, providing base accuracy from ±0.025% to ±0.06%.
Continuing a long tradition of using inductive, piezoresistive or capacitive sensor technologies to enhance the individual pressure measurement, ABB modified only the electronics, compared with the previous 264 and 265 series. The result is the same superior measurement capability for a variety of critical measurements such as:
- The industry’s best draft range providing a minimum span of 0.2 in. H2O with a 4 in. H2O Upper Range Limit (URL). For combustion air flows this means exceptional resolution with tighter control capability.
- In-field replaceable communications board; maintains production uptime without replacing the transmitter, unlike other brands.
- Industry-first TTG (Through The Glass) technology, providing configuration without opening the cover -- even in hazardous rated areas.
- Plugged Impulse Line Detection (PILD) on HART® -- a classic problem solved by the 266 electronics. ABB also continues the PILD capability on Foundation Fieldbus.
- Highly reliable diaphragm seals -- exclusively manufactured, filled and tested using ABB’s proprietary all-welded technology for all services including high temperature and high vacuum.
- Local human machine interface (HMI) display to make configuring the transmitter as simple as working a cell phone.
Numerous other features exist to ease selection of specifications and dynamically control processes for total product performance.
ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 107,000 people. For more information, visit: www.abb.com.
SOURCE: ABB Measurement & Analytics