Ken Langhorn, Product Manager has announced the recent completion of a Special Sanitary VersaMix - Model VMC-40. The mixer was designed to provide maximum process flexibility to the user and included dual agitation systems.
The VersaMix was constructed using type 316 stainless steel wetted parts. The wetted surfaces were polished to a 180 grit, easy to clean finish. The unit included:
- High Shear Rotor-Stator Mixer
- Three Wing Anchor with TFE scrapers to clean the side-walls of the vessel
- Gas purged shaft seals
- Dust collection system
- A jacketed vessel to permit heating or cooling during processing
- Vacuum/pressure construction for operation to 29-1/2 hg
- Temperature probe
- Portable mixing vessel
- Independently variable speed drives and controls
Change can models are available ranging from a one-gallon bench-top design to production sizes exceeding 1000 gallons capacity. Fixed tank designs are offered in capacities to 4000 gallons.
Source: Charles Ross and Son Company