DMA 35 is a portable density and concentration meter you can take along for quick quality checks directly on-site. The portable density meter uses only two milliliters of sample. In addition, it saves you a lot of time as there is no need to transport the sample to the lab. DMA 35 is built to withstand the knocks and spills of outdoor use. To top it all off, DMA 35 can also be used as a mini benchtop instrument: Turn it upside down, put it on a table and fill the sample with a syringe.
A portable density meter providing accurate results, also under harsh conditions.
The splash-proof DMA 35 is made for density and concentration measurement in harsh environments, including outdoor operation, while providing the accuracy expected from a lab instrument. The smart oscillator placement makes sure that gas bubbles move to where they can’t affect your result: outside the measuring cell.
Unbeaten usability – for fast measuring routines
- Fill all kinds of samples – no matter what the viscosity is – in one second using the built-in pump or a syringe.
- No expensive electrical wearing parts: you can easily do all cleaning and maintenance work yourself.
- Intuitive user interface without the need for any explanation
- Operated via capacitive keys with a sensitivity suitable for use with or without gloves
- Suitable for both left- and right-handed users
- For sample temperatures of up to 100 °C, supporting quick decisions, e.g. in the beer brewing process (measurement on hot wort)
- Measuring cell with inspection window and backlight for convenient inspection of proper sample filling
- No-hassle measurement of hard-to-reach samples
Designed for on-site density measurements
- Leak-proof sealed housing to withstand rough conditions in industrial and field applications
- Additional rubber protection keeps the measuring cell safe
- Strong hard-glass front for a long working life
- Read RFID tags and start or abort measurements via gesture control: one hand is free to hold you steady when measuring hard-to-reach samples.
- Intrinsically safe models DMA 35 Ex and DMA 35 Ex Petrol (Ex marking [Ex] II 2 G Ex ib IIC T4) for use in hazardous areas
- DMA 35 Ex Petrol is equipped with a special housing which provides excellent resistance to petroleum samples.
- DMA 35 Ex Petrol fully complies with the IP 559 and ASTM D7777 standards.
Smart oscillator design and position
- Smart patented oscillator connection (AT516421 B1) enables replacement in case of cell rupture
- The most reliable portable density meter for fermenting samples (e.g. beer and wine production) you can get, due to intelligent oscillator placement
- The oscillator is placed in the optimal angle to avoid the influence of potential gas bubbles on the result (bubbles automatically move outside the measuring cell).
Perfect traceability of density and concentration results
- Storage of up to 250 sample IDs for easy sample identification
- RFID interface for changing measurement settings quickly by reading RFID tags
- Identify immediately if your products are out of spec: DMA 35 gives a warning if the measured sample is outside your accepted tolerance range.
- Storage of up to 1024 measurement results including time stamp and sample ID
- Wireless data exchange with a PC and data export to a printer via Bluetooth® for convenient data handling in the field
- Easy data management using license-free AP-SoftPrint program
Quick and reliable measurement of viscous samples
- Stable tabletop position for filling samples via syringe
- Lock-position of pump preventing sample carryover
- Auto-rotating display for perfect visibility of results at any instrument position
- Influence of viscosity on your density result is automatically corrected: for reliable measurements, also on highly viscous samples
Leave your glass hydrometer or pycnometer for a digital density meter
- Measurement directly at the sample container
- Requires only 2 mL of sample, filled via the built-in pump
- Preinstalled and programmable concentration units – no further calculations are necessary
- Each unit covers the whole relevant measuring range.
- Results available in seconds
- Perfect traceability of results