Multiceras Selects HORN Care Elements As Western U.S. Regional Distributor
LA MIRADA, CALIF.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
HORN, one of North America’s premier distributors of specialty ingredients, today announced a new partnership with a leading wax company, Multiceras, to debut its distribution of natural, synthetic and petroleum waxes in the Western U.S.
“Multiceras adds a new class of ingredients to our ever-growing portfolio available to the various cosmetics, personal care and HI&I markets served within the HORN Care Elements business unit,” said Christina Fiduccia, vice president, HORN Care Elements. “Like HORN, Multiceras is a privately held company, and has established a commitment to sustainability and social responsibility. This is evident through their efforts in promoting an eco-efficient operation and through programs that help enrich the lives and communities of their Candelilla collectors. We proudly represent Multiceras in the Western U.S. and strive to uphold our shared values as we expand our market reach and develop new opportunities through this partnership.”
Multiceras Product Lineup
New to HORN Care Elements is a line of natural waxes, including its trademarked Candelilla/Carnauba blend, Candeuba®, which is an intermediate chemical composition that maintains the natural hydrocarbons in Candelilla and the ester content of Carnauba. A special formulation developed by Multiceras, Candeuba is the “ultimate generation wax,” as coined by Multiceras, and is mainly composed of vegetable origin ingredients. Candeuba is available in pastilles and powder forms.
Also available through HORN Care Elements in the Western U.S.:
- Royal BWX (beeswax) – Contains free acids, esters and other natural components that provide special characteristics, such as emulsifying properties, plasticity, compatibility and a pleasant smell. Available in the following forms: 100 percent natural, natural/synthetic, synthetic blends and pastilles.
- Candelilla REAL ® (Euphorbia Cerifera wax) – Chemical composition is characterized by a high hydrocarbon content and a relatively low amount of volatile esters. It has a sticky consistency, and can harden other waxes without significantly increasing the melting point of the blend. Candelilla REAL has protective properties, chemical stability, a high melting point, impermeability and dielectric properties, and is certified “Generally Recognized as Safe” (GRAS) for applications in the food industry. Available in the following forms: pastilles, flakes and powder.
- Carnauba Wax (Copernicia Cerifera wax) – Known for its shine properties, hardness and wear resistance, and its compatibility with other waxes. Available in pastilles form.
- Microcrystalline Waxes – Product is derived from petroleum, consisting of complex hydrocarbon mixtures that include normal paraffin, as well as of monocyclic and polycyclic compounds. Microcrystalline waxes have a very high average molecular weight, resulting in high viscosity.
- Paraffin Waxes – Products derived from petroleum, with thermoplastic and water repellency properties used for a wide application of protection.
The addition of Multiceras to the HORN Care Elements list of industry-leading ingredients manufacturers expands its product portfolio and complements existing product offerings.
“We partnered with HORN because of its 50 years of heritage in the distribution business,” said Fernando Montaño, chief executive officer, Multiceras. “Additionally, the HORN Care Elements team has a unique quality – each sales personnel is an experienced formulating chemist, so they know how to speak to our customers and understand their unique needs. This level of technical expertise and support gives us confidence that our products are in good hands.”
Established in 1961, HORN is one of North America’s premier distributors of specialty ingredients and raw materials. Originally founded as a specialty chemical distributor, HORN remains an entrepreneurial-driven company with a team of technically-proficient and trained professionals. Headquartered in La Mirada, Calif., with representation in 11 western states and in the Southwest, its specialized market segments encompass seven distinct business units including Care Elements, Nutraceuticals, Coatings and Building Materials, Advanced Materials, Composites and Fabrication Materials, FoodTech and Animal Wellness.
For more than 50 years, HORN’s entrepreneurial approach to customer service embraces challenge and opens opportunities to reinvent and improve on traditional business models. HORN is an employee-owned/ESOP company. Contact 800-442-HORN or visit www.ethorn.com/careelements for more information.
Multiceras S.A. de C.V. is a Mexican corporation specialized in design, fabrication, and commercialization of natural, synthetic and petroleum waxes for personal care and industrial applications. The portfolio of products includes a wide range of waxes such as Candelilla, Carnauba, Beeswax, Candeuba, Paraffin, Microcrystalline, Emulsions, and Synthetic, for a variety of applications. Experience gathered from more than three decades of active presence in the market enables Multiceras to position itself as an entity that is mature, dynamic and strongly committed to satisfying specific market needs. Multiceras plant and corporate offices are located in the municipality of Garcia, Nuevo Leon in Mexico, with sales offices in Mexico City.
Copyright Business Wire 2013