MCF PowerSaver™ Air Filtration SolutionSource: Schenck AccuRate
The MCF PowerSaver™ is a sustainable, low maintenance air filtration solution which operates with low pressure cleaning air (7-9 psig). It consumes less horsepower than any other bag filter and requires no integrated plant compressed air.
Requiring no integrated plant air to function, the MCF PowerSaver™ generates energy cost-savings of up to 50% over conventional high pressure pulse jet or reverse air cleaning systems.
With over 5,000 man-hours invested in the MCF PowerSaver’s™ development and over 2,500 units installed and in operation— this dust collector demonstrates its dependability around the globe. It’s built to handle heavy dust loads and comes in sizes and configurations to fit most industrial air quality applications, from milling to mining.
Longer Bag Life
Precision cleaning by the MCF PowerSaver™ prevents over-cleaning and maximizes bag life.
Medium-pressure pulse complemented by precision cleaning has proven to have much lower emissions than reverse air cleaning filter systems.
Lower Operating Costs
Medium-pressure, high volume air is cheaper to generate than high pressure, reverse air systems.
Lower Maintenance Costs
The MCF PowerSaver’s™ “no tool” design bag change-out saves hundreds of hours of installation and maintenance over filter life.
Engineered for demanding applications
- Grain milling
- Composite board manufacturing
- Process dust collection
- Chemical processing
- Food processing
- Metals processing
- General woodworking
- Coal transfer
How the MCF PowerSaver™ works
1. Main Drive—this rugged electric motor is the only electronic component used inside the filter housing.
2. Patented Never-Miss™ Controlled-Cleaning System aligns cleaning arm and bag segments, so that air nozzles fire directly into the bags. So there’s no wasted air. No bleed. None of the wasted energy you pay for on every cycle with conventional random-cleaning and reverse-air systems.
3. Diaphragm Valving Assemblies are located close to the air reservoir and cleaning arm to maintain cleaning pressure and minimize recovery time.
4. MCF Position-Sensing Index Assembly and Cleaning Control keep nozzles properly positioned and air pulses correctly timed for optimum media cleaning.These operate reliably for years in abrasive and corrosive environments—with virtually no maintenance.
5. Tangential Inlet controls heavy dust loads with Vortex Breakers built into the MCF housing, which even out the distribution of particulate-laden air coming from the tangential inlet for improved collection.
6. Medium-Pressure Blower Package uses a liquid-filled pressure gauge for precise control and powers cleaning with 7-9 psig air for economical operation and longer bag life. Medium-pressure air virtually eliminates cold weather freeze-ups that cause other filters to fail.